Romantic Rose & Mint Fizz Cocktail
Nothing says "I love you" better than roses and this rose and mint fizz cocktail is the perfect start to an evening of romance. This aromatic bubbly cocktail will have your beloved swooning with every sip.
Here's how to make the simplest of romantic cocktails. All you need is rose syrup, mint leaves and a dry sparkling wine.
- Add 2 tbsp of rose syrup to a wine glass, champagne flute or martini glass.
- Top with a chilled dry sparkling wine. English Fizz or Champagne if you are feeling flush, but a decent Cava or Cremant works too. Avoid Prosecco - it’s too fruity.
- Garnish sparingly with a few mints leaves and a couple crushed dry rose petals. You don’t want your amour choking on potpourri…
- 150ml rose water (available in all big supermarkets)
- 2 cups sugar
- A lime
Here's how to make rose syrup:
- Add 1 ¼ cups of water and 2 cups of sugar to a small saucepan and bring to the boil gently.
- Add a sprig of mint and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the mint sprig then add approx 150ml rose water (most of a small bottle) and the juice from ¼ lime
- Simmer for another 10mins then take off the heat to cool.
- Pour into small airtight container.
Once cooled, the rose syrup can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.