Brilliant beef massaman curry
- Heat pan to medium - hot, add glug of oil.
- Seal beef in hot pan until brown, then remove from pan onto plate.
- Turn down to medium. Add salt, pepper and garlic to pan and soften for a couple of minutes.
- Mix in chilles, ginger and turmeric and keep stirring for a few more minutes. Adding a splash of water if it dries out.
- Return beef to pan and add the beef stock. Simmer on medium heat for 45 minutes.
- Add vegetables to pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Prepare any rice or naan you'd like to eat with it.
- Finally add the coconut milk and remove from the heat.
- Stir and serve with chopped coriander for garnish.
For veggie curry, leave out the beef and add in sweet potato at step 5.
Spinach would go nicely (added at the end to retain the goodness) too.