- Heat the olive oil to a medium heat in a non stick pan.
- Add the tumeric, paprika, curry powder, garlic powder and salt, mix to make a paste.
- Add in the tomatoes and mix, add in the water, crumbled oxo cubes and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring until it boils, you have to keep stirring to make sure the sugar dissolves, turn down to a low bubble and cook until deep dark and rich, reduced by around half.
- Blitz in a food processor.
- Put on a dirndl and grab a sausage..
- This recipe makes enough for a big party! For smaller groups, halve the ingredients.
- Use this Currywurst sauce as an spicy alternative to ketchup.
- Great for bonfire night - it goes brilliantly with all things pork.