Gluten free mini pancakes
- Mix the flour, cornflour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Make a hole in the middle.
- Crack the egg in the middle of the hole and pour in with the milk.
- Whisk the mix 'til smooth.
- Heat a really good non stick frying pan on a high heat. Brush some rapeseed oil on the inside of the pan to coat it.
- When the pan is smoking, drop teaspoon-sized measures of the mixture into the pan, trying to make them circular. You can shape them a bit with the teaspoon. Make as many as you can in one pan without them touching.
- Depending how hot your pan is, the pancakes should need turning in about 2 minutes. They should be light brown in colour, not burnt!
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side and remove from pan and either keep warm or cool in fridge.
- Repeat until you have used all the mixture.
- Serve the pancakes warm or cold as canapés, starter or dessert.
- The pancakes make great canapés or an easy starter (with bigger pancakes) - serve with smoked salmon, mackerel or trout with a dollop of the créme fraiche mixed with horseradish, mustard and lemon juice.
- For dessert or a children's treat, serve with melted chocolate, bananas and cream, jam or good old lemon juice and sugar.