- First test the cider for quality by opening a bottle and having a cheeky sip. Once satisfied tip it into a large saucepan.
- Using a paring knife or peeler take large strips of skin off the outside of each of the oranges, lemons and limes - four or five strips off each will do. Try not to remove too much of the white, that’s bitter and bleh.
- Drop the zest strips in the cider. Juice two of the oranges, one of the lemons and both of the limes and add that to the cider with the honey, cinnamon, anise and honey.
- Gently, gently bring the whole lot up to warm. NOT BOILING! You will lose all the alcohol and where is the fun in that? Just warm it up to a nice drinking temp and let it infuse for 8-10 minutes.
- Ladle into glasses or whatever you are serving this in, quite frankly you could serve this up in a plastic teenage mutant ninja turtles beaker and I’d still love it.
- Grate a little fresh nutmeg over the top of each drink as you serve.
- Get happily glowing and go home loving everyone in the room.
- Use brown sugar instead of the honey if you don't have it
- You could make exactly the same recipe with apple juice as an alcohol free or kids version.