Smooth parsnip & butternut squash soup
- Sautée the parsnips, butternut squash, onions along with the spring onions and crushed garlic and the thyme sprigs.
- Once they start softening and get a bit scuffed around the edges, deglaze the pan with a small glass of white wine. A glug of beer would do the trick just as well. Allow that to all evaporate away.
- Cover the whole lot in the chicken stock and simmer it away 'til everything is tender.
- Remove the thyme sprigs, add coconut milk to your taste and blitz everything 'til smooth in a blender.
- Pass it through a sieve and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy it hot.
- A brilliantly easy soup to make with chicken stock from your sunday roast.
- Garnish with spare thyme leaves, serve with a lovely farmhouse bread.