Spiced sweet potato, lentil and spinach soup
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan on a medium heat. Cook onion and celery for 8 mins approx. until soft.
- Add the garlic and spices and cook for a few minutes.
- Add potatoes and stock to the pan and simmer for 10 mins. until soft.
- Add tomatoes and lentils and spinach and mix together.
- Blitz to smooth with a hand blended or food processor. Add more water for a thinner consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with a spoonful of the yoghurt and some chopped coriander or parsley on top.
- Serve as a tasty starter or light lunch with rustic bread or chapati or naan bread.
- This soup is gluten free - just use a gluten free stock.
- For a dairy free dish just use a dairy free yoghurt.