Super Salmon Nicoise
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Lay salmon fillets on foil on baking tray. Squeeze over uvoe of half a lemon, season with salt and pepper and pop a small know of butter on each fillet. Wrap ‘em up like it’s Christmas and pop in the oven for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile bring another pan of cold, salted water to the boil. Once there, soft boil your eggs for 5 minutes (6 minutes from the fridge) - no longer! You want that oozy orange yolk later, it's the best bit.
- While you’re at it, pop the potatoes in a pan, cover with cold water, add a good pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Simmer til the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife – approx. 15 mins.
- Grab your eggs out of that pan with a slotted spoon and immediately run them under cold water to refresh them and arrest the cooking process. Use the same boiling water for your fine beans; saves energy, time and the environment – win, win…
- Chop the stalky bit off the beans and cook them in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes max. Drain and refresh them in cold water too so they are still green and crunchy.
- Drain the potatoes then add a glug of olive oil to the pan. Cook the drained potatoes with the sun dried and halved cherry tomatoes, finely sliced red onions and a glug of olive oil and balsamic for 5 or so minutes, stirring every so often.
- To make the dressing – mash the garlic, anchovies and olives into a messy paste on a chopping board with a big knife. Throw in a bowl with the olive oil and 3 tablespoons of balsamic. Season to your taste.
- Now we’re big fans of asparagus, and they look great on the plate. If you agree, now is the time to snap the stalks off the bottom of the asparagus and pan fry in a little bit of olive oil or butter for 5 minutes while you plate up.
- Your salmon should be ready by now so it’s time to plate up.
- Wash your salad leaves and spin them dry. Throw them randomly on a plate along with the warm potatoey tomatoey mix. Arrange the green beans on top and lay your salmon pieces (either whole or flaked as shown in our photo).
- Peel and quarter your eggs and lay at quarter past the hour positions on the plate, interspersed with 3 or 5 asparagus tips.
- If you still have that half a lemon left, now’s the time to cut it into wedges and put it on the side of the plate.
- Drizzle over you delicious dressing and serve warm to much praise and adoration.