Tasty cauliflower rice
- If you have a food processor then quarter the onion, peel the garlic and cut the cauli into large florets (use the stalk and all, just get rid of the dark leaves) and place all in the bowl and blend til it looks like fine rice or couscous, less than a minute. If you are using a grater, then finely grate everything.
- Once the mix is chopped or grated then heat a good splash of olive oil in a saute style pan, or at the very least one with a lid, tip the whole lot into the oil and stir and let sizzle, but not brown for a minute or so. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper and the chilli flakes if using, turn down to low, stir again and pop the lid on.
- Steam for three or four minutes, stirring occasionally, it should now be soft-ish and smell amazing.
- Now add In the water and milk and turn up to a good simmer, cook, stirring frequently until almost all the liquid has been absorbed, it will look like cooked rice, or fluffed up couscous, turn off the heat and add the peas if using and stir. Add in some butter/cheese/whatever fun stuff you fancy, or leave as it is for a healthier dish. Serve.
- Eat on its own or instead of normal rice with any asian food.
- Can be made in advance and reheated.
- You could also add cheese or butter to make it richer and indulgent, you could replace the water with veggie or chicken stock for extra oomph.