There’s nothing worse than being chained to the shaker, mixing messy, complex cocktails for thirsty guests, who are (it being Christmas) slurping them back quicker than you can make them.
Our advice: relax and enjoy your own party. These easy cocktails will keep you enjoying your guests' company rather than resenting them.
1. Damson Vodka Fizz Cocktail
- A twist/mash up on the classic champagne and kir royale cocktail.
- Two second pour of the very Christmassy Sipsmith Damson Vodka into a flute.
- Top up with fizz of your choice (I would go Cava or Cremant from France. Prosecco may be a bit too sweet).
- Damson has a rich sweet wintery feel to it. So perfect for a festive cocktail.
- Q-cumber is a new exciting drink on the market that's a refreshing change from tonic and elderflower cordial.
- Cucumber loves gin especially Hendricks.
- Pour a measure (or two) of your favourite gin over ice and top with Q-cumber. Add a slice of cucumber to garnish.
3. Honey & Rum punch
- Boil water and add to a tea pot or heat in a pan on the hob.
- Add honey and dark/spiced rum; tasting till you get it the way you want.
- Chuck in a cinnamon stick, a few cloves or sliced orange to flavour and garnish.
- Serve warm.