A summer love affair with Hugo
What to do this summer when you’re bored of Pimms and the endless varieties of pink cider? Simple – grab a Hugo….
The Hugo cocktail is a virtual and virtuous newcomer on the UK bar scene. It originated in 2005 in the lush green summer hills of the Dolomites in the South Tyrol between Italy and Austria. The romantic scenery must have given barman Roman Gruber the inspiration for this light and aromatic cocktail. The true beauty to me is how easy it is to make.
- Throw some ice into a long glass or large wine glass.
- Pour in a short dash of elderflower cordial.
- Throw in a sprig of mint.
- Pour a good half the glass full of prosecco.
- Top up with sparkling water (and a touch of lemonade if you prefer it sweeter).
- Add a slice of lemon or lime.
The other great thing: Hugo's for sharing...