Best of British Dinner Club Box - £29.99
4 new ingredients we love that celebrate the Best of British food produce with fun make-ahead recipes to give your friends a good old British knees-up.
"You cannot trust people with such bad cuisine" ...said Jacques Chirac back in the day, when no-one rated British food (let alone our politics). Now, there are so many exciting British ingredients launching - we are lucky enough to taste a good few of them (it's a tough job). To celebrate the Best of British, here are 4 new ingredients we LOVE and some fun make-ahead recipe ideas to give your friends a good old British knees-up.
In this box:
1. Natural Umber
- Like its colour, Natural Umber is unlike any apple cider vinegar you'll have tasted before.
- It's raw but sweet, organic, unfiltered and contains mother of vinegar - a complex structure of good bacteria and enzymes that bring you happy healthy goodness.
- We're making Slow Cooked Pulled Pork, Apple & Cabbage Slaw, delicious dressings and Cider Chicken. Failing that, we're necking the stuff with some water for "mother"...
2. British Roasted Peas
- Rated 10/10 by the Telegraph these peas taste "springlike, herbaceous and fresh with just a hint of smokiness and saltiness.
- They are the ultimate snack". We're crushing them to make Goats Cheese and Pea Balls for a super original starter and adding textures to salads and fish pie.
3. Award-winning Sheffield Honey -
- Do your bit for British bees - this acclaimed, fragrant honey is literally just harvested.
- With it you could be delighting friends with Fig, Mascarpone and Honey Bruschetta and marvellously easy marinades.
4. Rosemary and Garlic Almonds
- These gourmet nuts from award-winning newcomers Wilde Nuts are not just healthy but heavenly. An original snack with wine before dinner but we're crushing them with olive oil, mustard and fresh herbs for a drizzly dressing for chicken or roasted veg..