Avocado with chilli, feta and soft egg
- First cut the tomatoes into quarters and add to a bowl with lime juice, salt, pepper and sriracha.
- Halve the avo, remove the stone and squeeze each half into the bowl with the tomatoes. Smush the avocado and tomatoes all together with a fork, mixing well.
- Split the muffin / slice the sourdough, pop in the toaster.
- For poached eggs: get deep pan of boiling water simmering, throw in some salt and glug in some vinegar. Swirl the pan, drop first egg into the centre. After 1 minute, swirl and drop 2nd egg into centre (away from 1st egg). Cook each egg for 2 minutes for soft & runny. Remove with slotted spoon to drain excess water.
- For fried eggs: Pop a non stick frying pan on to heat. Add the olive oil. Crack the eggs in and season the top with a little pepper. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Remove muffin/sourdough from the toaster, add to plate, top with the avocado mix and transfer egg directly from pan to the top whilst still steaming hot.
- Crumble the feta all over the top and add a few more drops of chilli sauce if you like.
- Enjoy! It'll take longer to eat than it did to make. The perfect quick weekend winter warmer.
- Griddled slices of halloumi would make a great feta substitution.