Beetroot, feta and mint salad
- In a medium sized serving bowl, throw in the beetroot slices, feta cubes, spring onions.
- Hand tear the mint and throw in (to release the lovely peppermint oils),
- Drizzle over the olive oil and balsamic - as much as you want - season with salt and pepper and toss the salad gently.
- Arrange your washed salad leaves on a nice looking bowl or plate.
- Spoon the salad on top of the salad leaves and garnish with the extra mint and spring onions bits.
- This is a great supporting side dish to any barbecue or summer buffet.
- It tastes great and it is really good for you – it has superfoods, fibre, low GI vegetables and lots of vitamins!
- You can also serve this with warm bread and hummous as a starter.
- For vegetarians: ensure the feta cheese you choose is made with a vegetarian rennet – some are not.