Blue cheese and walnut stuffed mushrooms
- Set fan oven to 140 deg C.
- Wipe mushrooms gently with clean cloth to get off any dirt.
- Lay on baking sheet and sprinkle on a layer of crumbled blue cheese onto each mushroom.
- Sprinkle over the chopped walnuts and minced garlic, season with black pepper.
- Cook in oven for 20 mins.
- Lay each cooked stuffed mushroom on a separate plate on top of a thin bed of spinach.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze, serve immediately.
- Try these with a Porter (beer) or Dry Oloroso sherry.
- These stuffed mushrooms can be plumped up to a main course with pasta, rice and/ or salad.
- These stuffed mushrooms also make a great side dish for a steak.
- For vegetarians: ensure the blue cheese you choose is made with a vegetarian rennet – some are not.