Cheat’s smoked salmon pate
This couldn’t be easier, but you do need a hand-held blender!
- Chuck smoked salmon and cream cheese into a large bowl and mix up loosely with a fork.
- Add some lemon juice and whizz up with the blender.
- Add more lemon juice, about a half teaspoon of dill, and season with black pepper and whizz up until a smooth paste.
- 4. smooth into a pretty bowl and serve with thin crackers or oatcakes.
- I always have a packet of smoked salmon in the freezer in case of last minute guests. Smoked salmon is very versatile - not only makes pate as described above, but you can mix it into scrambled eggs, pop on top of bagels and slice into pasta.