Chickpea & butternut squash stew
- Fry shallots and peppers in large pot.
- Let butternut squash cool a bit and roughly chop then add everything except parsley and yogurt to the pot.
- Cover and simmer on medium - low heat for 30-40mins, stirring occasionally to make sure it’s not burning on the bottom.
- Serve in bowls with chopped parsley & dollop of greek or low fat yogurt.
- A nice rich nutty ale would go great with this stew.
- You can also chuck everything in a slow cooker and let it go all day/night.
- Serve with rice for a fuller meal.