Cracking Coffee Rub
- Mix together the ingredients and keep sealed away from direct sunlight.
- Rub on Venison, Steak, Pork or Lamb ssteaks and set aside in the fridge for as long as you've got (10 mins - 8 hours) for the flavours to mingle.
- Brush with oil and Pan Fry, Grill or BBQ to deepen the flavour and create a crunchy, salty crust.
- For chunkier meats finish off in oven for a more even cook.
- Rubs are super-trendy now but they've been used to deepen the flavour of slow cooked and BBQ meats for centuries. They create a crunchy, salty crust that you’ve probably already tasted in a fancy restaurant in town.
- Coffee (combined with paprika, cumin and more) adds a whole new dimension – where delicate herbs burn, coffee roasts to develop a complex deep flavour which makes beef, pork and chicken shine.
- Magical too on a slow-cooked Lamb shoulder or Beef brisket.
- The real foodies among you will love this with rich creamy cheeses like Camembert.