Cucumber, chilli, lemon & poppy seed salad
- Wash the cucumber. Using a potato peeler, peel the cucumber from top to bottom to create a long ribbon. Chuck it in a serving bowl. You can leave the skin on or off. The green adds colour and interest so I like to leave it on.
- Repeat until you have 15-20 ribbons. Avoid peeling the seed part.
- Zest half the lemon with a grater.
- Add the zest and chillies to the cucumber.
- Add a glug of olive oil and a good squeeze of juice from the lemon.
- Throw in the poppy seeds and stir.
- Dig in.
- Serve alongside chicken, fish or our lovely lamb sumac.