- Whizz the tahini and lemon juice together in a food processor (or with a hand blender) for at least a minute.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, cumin and salt and whizz for another minute.
- Add the chickpeas and whizz for another 2 minutes.
- Scrape the sides and blend again to ensure all the mixture is evenly smooth.
- Add water spoonful at a time to achieve desired consistency.
- Season to your taste with extra lemon juice, salt and ground pepper.
- Garnish with olive oil, and/or paprika and/or parsley.
- This hummus is great for a mezze style starter or buffet, with roasted tomatoes or grilled vegetables.
- This recipe needs a food processor or hand blender.