Feta, watermelon & mint salad
This dish is so simple and the flavours always impress people – sweet watermelon with salty feta and peppery olive oil. Summer on a plate.
- Cut off the rind and then cut the watermelon into triangle wedges.
- Cut the feta into square slices that are each a quarter to a third the size of the watermelon.
- Lay the watermelon and feta (interchanging them one after the other, in a line) on an attractive serving plate (a light colour is good as it brings out the colours!).
- Sprinkle over the mint, drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This works well as an easy summer starter or a supporting side dish to any barbecue or summer buffet.
- Feta works really well with strawberries and blueberries too.
- For vegetarians: ensure the feta cheese you choose is made with a vegetarian rennet – some are not.