Green bean, anchovy & shallot salad
- Cook the green beans in simmering salted water for 4-5 minutes max (so that they are gently cooked but a bit crunchy still).
- Add mustard, lemon juice and a big glug of olive oil to a bowl.
- Finely chop and crush the anchovy fillets so that they become like a paste. Add to the bowl.
- Whisk together.
- Finely chop the shallot.
- Throw in the warm green beans and about half the shallots to the bowl and stir it all together.
- Season and add more shallot to taste. Not too much salt as the anchovies will give some saltiness already.
- Serve warm or cold.
- This salad would also go beautifully at a barbeque with a sizzling steak.