Homemade chicken nuggets
- Combine the marinade ingredients and soak the chicken in it for at least 2 hours.
- Turn oven onto 200 C/ 400 F/ Gas Mark 6. You’ll need an assembly line of the following: a plate of the plain flour, a shallow bowl of the beaten egg and water, a plate of the mixed breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Shake off the excess marinade off the chicken pieces, then dip into the flour. Shake off the excess flour and dip them into the egg mixture. Shake off the egg mixture and then roll them in breadcrumb mixture.
- After you’ve done this with all the chicken pieces, give your hands a good wash (they’ll be covered in egg and breadcrumbs), and then place the chicken on a well-oiled baking tray and bake for about 18 minutes until the coating is crisp and chicken cooked through.
- You can also cook sweet potato fries in the same oven.
- Make barbecue sauce while chicken is cooking.
- These are a bit time-consuming but you’ll feel extremely virtuous afterwards – grown ups will love them as a nibble and children loooooove them. End of. Serve them with sweet potato fries and steamed broccoli and you deserve gold stars.