Marvellous mushroom soup
- Heat the butter in a saucepan on a medium heat.
- Chuck in the shallots, celery, garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Throw in the mushrooms and half the parsley, put on the lid to sweat for 10 minutes on a low-medium heat.
- Remove 2 teaspoons of mushrooms to keep on the side to garnish the soup later.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat, add 2 large tablespoons of crème fraiche, blend to smooth with a hand blender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lovingly serve it hot in bowls with the mushrooms dropped in so they float on top, a drizzle of truffle oil and a sprinkle of parsley.
- Serve with focaccia with a spoonful of burrata on top, lightly toasted under the grill..
- Make it ahead - it's so easy to warm up when your guests arrive