Minty green bean and goats cheese salad
- Chop the ends off your green beans and cook them in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Put the pine nuts in a frying pan (no oil needed) and fry gently on a low-medium heat until brown, shaking the pan occasionally to brown them on all sides.
- Meanwhile whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic in a jar.
- Now put the green beans in an attractive bowl, crumble over the goats cheese, sprinkle the pine nuts and sliced mint leaves on top and pour over the dressing.
- Toss the salad gently before serving.
- Try this with a Loire or South African Sauvignon Blanc.
- For vegetarians: ensure the goats cheese you choose is made with a vegetarian rennet – some are not.
- To keep the green beans really vibrant green, put them in cold water straight after draining.
- An easy way to mix dressings is to use a recycled jam jar or Tupperware container with a lid. Simply shake and open!