Easy fish pie
For this recipe I tend to use 2 ovenproof dishes as it is a big quantity, so I divide the quantity evenly between the 2 dishes.
- Preheat a fan oven to 200 deg C
- Then peel and dice your potatoes and boil for 15 minutes.
- Fully drain your potatoes, throw them back in the pan, add the butter, mash well and season.
- In the ovenproof dish(es), put your fish, celery, carrots, spring onions, parsley, lemon zest and chilli flakes. Pour over the lemon juice and creme fraiche, season with salt and pepper and mix through.
- Spread over your mashed potato then sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30- 35 minutes.
- Serve with a spinach, watercress and rocket salad with a quick French dressing.
- Dig in. Make sure you make plenty, people will want seconds...
- To add more texture to the dish, sprinkle some finely sliced leeks on top with the cheese before baking.
- To add some more colour to the dish, stir in some frozen peas or petit pois to the fish mix before baking.