Nutty apple crumble
- Preheat a fan oven to 160deg C.
- Peel, core and dice the apples. Place them in a saucepan with the sugar and cinnamon stick. Heat on a low heat with a lid to stew for half an hour, stirring occasionally early on to avoid burning. Remove cinnamon stick and lay apple mix in a medium ovenproof dish.
- Put the butter(s) in a pan with the honey and vanilla. Heat gently and whisk until all melted and mixed. Add the pinch of salt.
- Put the almonds, pecans and hazelnuts in a mixer. Pulse until they are all broken up, with a mix of powdery nuts and small chunks.
- Add the nut mix to the pan, along with the cup of almond flour. Mix well.
- Lay a good layer of nutty crumble on the apple mix. Gently pack down, Bake in oven for 30 mins.
- Serve hot with cream, custard or vanilla ice cream. It’s a tough choice…
- Try this with a sweet Oloroso or cream sherry
- Avoid messy serving by making and cooking this in individual ramekins – see photo.
- Cook the rest of the nutty crumble on baking paper on a baking tray at the same time for 20 minutes, or until brown and enjoy with yoghurt and fruits for breakfast!
- This dish is very flexible – you can add any fruity seasonal ingredients, from rhubarb to raspberries. Rhubarb will need more sugar, taste before baking!