Parma wrapped asparagus
- Take the Parma ham out of the fridge half an hour before you need to work with it – otherwise it can break up very easily!
- Wash and dry the asparagus. Break off the root end with your hands.
- Lay the Parma ham out on 2 chopping boards.
- Cut the Parma ham lengthways into strips – approximately 2 or 3 per slice.
- Take one piece of the asparagus and lay across the Parma ham strips. Take one Parma ham strip and roll it around the centre of the asparagus.
- Repeat until you run out of asparagus or Parma ham.
- Heat the knob of butter in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Place the Parma-wrapped asparagus into frying pan and fry for approximately 4-5 minutes (3 minutes for really thin asparagus).
- Drizzle with lemon juice, season with black pepper (no salt required!) and serve with lemon wedges.
- If cooking for big numbers, fry the asparagus in batches and keep warm in the oven.