Prosecco baked salmon
- Preheat a fan oven to 170 deg C.
- Heat the oil on a medium heat in a large flat casserole dish with a lid (i.e. will fit the side of salmon in, otherwise you’ll need to cut it down into parts to fit it in). Fry the sliced onion for a few minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Now pour in the in the Prosecco, balsamic vinegar.
- Take half the basil, slice it and add to the pot. Give it a quick stir, then scatter the tomatoes in the dish and put the salmon on top. Season with pepper and salt.
- Cover the dish with the lid and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve at the table with green vegetables (apraragus, green beans) and/or a salad, drizzling over the sauce and garnishing with the cooked tomatoes, sliced onions and remaining basil.
- This dish looks great and tastes fantastic. You can serve the whole thing at the table – it makes a great centrepiece.
- Great way to use up left-over slightly flat Prosecco too.