5 minute banana ice cream
- Put the banana slices on a tray and freeze them for at least an hour, or until frozen through (I always keep some in my freezer for healthy ice-cream and smoothies).
- When frozen, pop the bananas into a food processor with 4-5 tablespoons of milk, adding any chosen flavouring (vanilla extract or cocoa).
- Whizz for a minute or two until soft serve consistency achieved. Add more milk if needed.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with your choice of topping. I like toasted nuts and grated dark chocolate.
- Kids love this recipe and it's also one of your five a day! Incredibly simple and quick to make and satisfies your sweet tooth without any added sugar!
- Make it dairy free and vegan by using your favourite milk substitute. Almond milk adds a delicious nutty flavour.
- Make it nut and (added) sugar free by skipping the last step.