Quick crayfish thermidor omelette
- Mix the butter and flour in a saucepan on a medium heat until bubbling. Cook, stirring for 4-5 mins.
- Turn the heat down. Throw in the grated parmesan and stir. Throw in your egg yolk, stir. Take off heat.
- Throw in your crayfish and stir. Season to taste with a squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper. Keep warm while you cook the omelette.
- Heat a grill to a high heat. If you have an oven, turn that on to a low heat too.
- Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Beat two eggs, add to pan. Push a few times into the centre to make some ripples.
- After 1 min or when the omelette is starting to solidify, add half the crayfish mix into the middle, lay the parmesan shavings on top with some tarragon if you have it.
- For the cheffy touch, pop the fying pan under a hot grill for 30 secs or so until cheese and Thermidor brown (not burnt). It brings out the flavour. Watch out for plastic pan handles...
- Bring out and fold over on a nice plate. Keep this omelette warm in the oven while you make a second one for you - repeating from step 5.
- Serve omelettes hot with a lovely green salad or green veg.