Rich chocolate mousse
- Find a heatproof bowl that can sit in small saucpan so that it sits resting on the rims and not on the base of the pan.
- Removing the bowl for a minute, fill the saucepan a quarter or so full - enough so that when you put the bowl back in, the base of the bowl doesn't touch the water.
- Heat the water so that it's simmering.
- Break the chocolate into the bowl and pour in the coffee. Stir until melted
- Take off the heat, beat in the butter and vanilla and then each of the egg yolks.
- Meanwhile whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff.
- Fold the egg whites into the melted chocolate mix with a metal spoon, trying to minimise how much you stir. This will keep all the air in the mousse.
- Split the mousse into 2 or 3 elegant ramekins or small glass bowls. Pop in the fridge overnight to set.
- Serve with extra thick double cream.
Garnish with grated orange zest.