Rich tomato sauce
- Put butter and olive oil in saucepan, heat to medium.
- Add onions and cook for 4 mins.
- Add garlic and cook for further 2 mins.
- Add tomatoes and sprigs of rosemary.
- Bring gently to simmer, simmer gently for 30 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste. If you use a salted butter you may not need any more salt. Allow sauce to cool, remove sprigs and whizz with a hand blender or food processor.
- This sauce keeps for a few days in the fridge, or you can freeze it in portions.
- You can use this sauce for multiple dishes – try serving it with chicken, fish, pasta, rice or with twice baked goats cheese soufflé