Sausage, shallot & pepper casserole
- Preheat a fan oven to 180 deg C.
- Peel and chop your swede into cubes and cook in boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile brown your sausages for a good few minutes in a pan on a medium heat with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Remove and put on a tray in the ovenfor 10-15 minutes.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic. Peel and slice the shallots and slice the peppers.
- Add a little more olive oil to the pan that you cooked the sausages in. On a medium heat, sweat the sliced shallots and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the pepper and cook on medium, adding a bit of water as needed to stop any sticking to the pan. When cooked down, add the balsamic vinegar and then stir on the tomato sauce.
- Turn the pan heat to low, add the sausages and cook for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Drain the swede cubes when tender, smash 'em up, add the butter, season with salt and pepper and stir through.
- Serve a dollop of smashed swede on each plate with 2 or 3 sausages and the casserole mix on top.
- Tuck in to your home made pub grub.