Smoked mackerel, apple, horseradish & walnut salad
- Wash and grate half an apple into a bowl.
- Add the horseradish and a glug of olive oil and stir.
- Throw in the green leaves, toss to coat in the apple and horserasish dressing.
- Plate the tossed leaves in the centre of some nice plates. Break up the mackerel into pieces and scatter on top of the leaves.
- Finely grate a walnut or two over each plate to garnish.
- Dig in while feeling virtuous.
- This salad works brillianlty as an all-year round starter or an easy summer main course - just add new potatoes and some grilled vegetables.