Soy, ginger and honey chicken kebabs
- Whisk all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl or Tupperware container.
- Throw in the chicken cubes and red onions and stir so they are thoroughly coated.
- Leave to marinade for at least an hour. The longer the better!
- If you are using a charcoal barbeque, light it an hour before you want to eat!
- Take 4 long and sturdy sprigs of rosemary. Strip off the leaves other than the very top.
- Skewer the chicken and onion segments onto the sprig in alternate order, repeating for all 4 sprigs so that the kebabs are even in size.
- Cook on the barbeque for 7-8 minutes, turning once. Timing dependent on the strength of your barbeque. Always cut through one piece of chicken to check it is cooked through before serving,
- Serve with a green salad, rice or pitta.
- Spice these kebabs up by adding chopped chilli to the marinade.
- Briefly cook any leftover marinade on the hob for a nice glaze to serve with the kebab.
- For a vegetarian version, use halloumi instead of chicken.