Strawberries with Pimms & cream
- Preheat a fan oven to 160c (or get the barbecue going).
- Take a double layer thick, large sheet of foil and lay over a tray or bowl. Place the strawberries in the centre; the bowl will allow the foil to sag and you won't end up with your precious Pimms all over the floor later.
- Scatter over the sugar, Pimms and the mint. Using a potato peeler or sharp paring knife, peel off some strips each of the lemon and orange rind, trying not to take off too much of the white (it's bitter). Grind over a dusting of black pepper, which fabulously enhances strawberry.
- Squeeze over the juice of half the lemon and orange, seal the foil up into a nice tight bag - cornish pasty style is best. Place either in the oven or on the dying embers of a barbecue for 20-30 minutes.
- Cool slightly after cooking by tearing open the foil and letting sit for 5 minutes. Serve with the whipped cream piled on top and the juices drizzled over.
- Try pairing this dish with Prosecco.
- You could add meringue base to make a Pimms pavlova, and use other berries too!
- You could serve this cold with ice cream or even in a tart shell as a pie!