Super quick cucumber pickle
- First place the salt, pepper, sugar and vinegar in a bowl and give it a good stir.
- Now halve your cucumbers lengthways and using a teaspoon scoop out the seeds. These make your pickle sad and watery.
- Now dice the cucumber, onion and chilli in the smallest, neatest cubes you can manage. Pop the radio on and listen to something calming while you dice. I recommend the Archers.
- Pop that in with the sugar, vinegar mix and toss about a bit.
- Slice the chives and add those, and pick all the leaves off the mint stalks and shred those finely and mix in.
- Stir and leave to stand for a while whilst you cook your burgers or whatever other delight you've chosen to accompany it.
- You could add other vegetables in like peppers or mooli.
- Also a fruit such as mango or pineapple would be welcome.
- Keeps well for a couple of days in a sealed jar or tub.