Surf and turf pasta on bleu
- Cook the pasta in salted water and drain, reserving a little of the pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, over a medium heat sauté the bacon lardons until the fat has rendered out and the cubes are golden.
- Add the onion and garlic and stir to thoroughly mix; add a splash of the wine and keep cooking and stirring until the onion is softened and silky. Keep adding splashes of the wine until it has all gone. I recommend using the same wine you will drink with the pasta, adding a liberal few splashes to yourself whilst you cook.
- Once the onion is cooked add the peas - straight from the freezer is fine. Stir around until they are defrosted.
- Add in the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes until they are getting nice and heated through.
- Add in the pasta and a ladle of the pasta cooking water, around 75ml.
- Stir to coat everything in the silky pasta saucy juices. Turn off the heat and add the large dollop of the bleu cheese cream and the lemon juice. Add a generous grind of black pepper and mix all together.
- Taste for seasoning, add sea salt if you need it. Have a second taste while no one is looking.
- Serve up in bowls with a green salad for a lighter meal or a crusty loaf of garlic bread for a feast. Or go for both. I won't tell.